"When it comes to education, what are 5 things that we have to stop pretending? Post on your blog, tag 5 others, and share using the #makeschooldifferent hashtag.
Here is my list:
In education, we have to stop pretending:
- Learning only happens when we tell students what, when, and how
- It's even remotely OK to be an educator and never learn anything new about your craft
- Money for education is less important than giving anyone a tax break
- Practicing the art of completing a worksheet has anything to do with success in life...or anything else other than successful completion of worksheets
- Humans can solve any of the massive problems we face without educating every child better than we ever have before...that doing things the way we did growing up will suffice today
I'm tagging Kevin Honeycutt, Ginger Lewman, Curtis Chandler, Michael Soskil, and Miguel Guhlin.